Pages

03 December 2009

From English to Estonian and MySpace

As we both are now in Estonia, writing in Estonian comes more naturally. From time to time I guess I just want to practice my English and some thoughts are being born just in the language they are born. There is much to do about it then. To translate only.
And this is the chance for those who do not understand Estonian - Google Translate has reached to even this small language spoken by about 1 million people... So, no limits. Although I have observed that the way I write about things is not always very "following the rules", so it requires some "being on the wave with me" skills. Thank you for that effort!


So, what will happen with me, am I going to return to Canada or are there things to do here in Estonia for me?
I have stopped asking this question,
cause I only have one day to live and one day to love.
So I am knitting gloves,
being inspired by Estonian folk patterns, music, clothes and wisdom.

Songs keep on coming to me and I am asked to develop my singing and guitar-playing skills. I made the first "obvious" step on this road and now you can listen to my chef-d'oeuvre's - www.myspace.com/marianhiire




Days are continuously gray, rain is pouring down without any breaks. But people hearts are learning to beat in the harmonious rhythm, to give birth to light and warmth.
"Estonians are aliens," as just one french thai-masseuse said after observing our friend's birthday party without any alcohol, filled with hugs, folk-songs, other songs, improvisational music, dances, touching games, inspired conversations and warmth which turned strangers into friends. We ended up having a massage lesson, working in pairs and a talking circle, showing our gratitude.
Those things make me so grateful about being alive, being Estonian, being here where I am. And I have to admit that I have been lucky enough to find this kind of events outside Estonia too. Maybe they are following me... :)


Sooja sisse!

No comments:

Steps on the planet Earth